This one checks all the boxes. Hearty, warming down to the tips of your toes, bursting with nourishment and amazing taste! It’s on weekly rotation over here and once it becomes so in your home too, be sure to tag me and share the love (@whitney__mack).
HEARTY VEGETABLE STEW:
- Homemade bone broth (recipe here!) or 1 box grass-fed bone broth
- 2 organic leeks, green stem removed and white part sliced
- 1 – 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. dried Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic pureed pumpkin OR butternut squash (to thicken)
- 2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ORGANIC VEGETABLES (I don’t always use all of these, so know that this can totally be a “kitchen sink” recipe and help you empty your fridge at the end of the week):
- green beans
- yams and/or sweet potatoes
- could also add: butternut or delicata squash, zucchini or summer squash, broccoli or any other vegetable you fancy!
- Optional: saute some ground grass-fed beef or turkey with the leeks, if desired
DIRECTIONS: We’re gonna make this REAL simple. 🙂
- Add leeks and garlic to a soup pot with organic, cold-pressed: avocado, coconut or olive oil (be generous!) until browned.
- While that’s cooking, chop all your vegetables.
- Add vegetables, seasoning, canned tomatoes & pumpkin//squash and then enough bone broth to cover.
- Cook covered for 10-15 minutes on med low heat, until vegetables are al dente and/or to your desired texture!
Leave a Reply